Monday, May 9, 2011

A Minecraft Story, Part II: A World Of Danger

     With my back against the door, I waited and thought. I had injuries that would be considered near-fatal, but somehow they didn't bleed or even hurt at all. I peered through the door and saw the spider that could have killed me. It was big for a spider and had glowing red eyes that were fixed right on my door as it continued to jump and screech with anger.
     Turning around to my workbench, without thinking I put two planks on a stick and in moments made a wooden sword. With a hit towards the door it immediately swung open and invited the spider. It took a few slashes, but he curled over and withered away, and dropped two flat pieces of string. I collected these,  and before I could wonder what these would be good for, I heard another noise. It sounded something like "bbrains...."  and gargling sounds from only I could imagine. A blocky world with skeleton archers, spiders, and zombies? It seems either insanity is sinking in, or I need to figure out how to get out of this nightmare.
     While putting 7 sticks in an "H" formation and creating two ladders, I decided to dig into the ground to see what kind of ore I could use to survive. I dug with my shovel, then with my pickaxe when I hit stone. I discovered iron ore, a peach colored mineral that I had to upgrade to stone to collect. I used 8 of the stone I collected to make a furnace, and used coal to smelt the iron ore cubes I obtained.
     Because of my strange super powers, It was apparent I didn't need to heat rock to extreme temperatures to create a sword, I could make one with my bare hands! Burrowing more of my mineshaft, I reached a cavern, and when I put a torch in the dark abyss I saw something terribly strange. Half in the darkness there was a green creature with four tentacle-like legs, and on its face was a wide-eyed look of pure horror. Its look was suddenly fixed on me as it started charging forward. I turned around and ran, but was too slow. With a hissing sound, there was an explosion and all I saw was nothing but red and spinning.... spinning..
     With a sudden intake of breath, I found myself standing on sand with a pool of still water right beside me. The same place I awoke less than two days before. It appears every time I'm killed I appear at this spot. Interesting...
     On my way back to the shelter, I noticed two things: there were no zombies, skeletons, spiders, or those weird green things around at all, and they seem to have been replaced with farm animals. I saw a herd of cows, and I became intimidated. "Are they friendly?" I thought timidly. But my fears seemed unnecessary as the cows just looked at me, then continued to meander and occasionally moo. I utilized my punching abilities to see what would happen. It yelped in pain, then continued as if nothing happened. I then started to punch the cow until it keeled over and disappeared, and in its place were two flat pieces of leather hide. Continuing past the rest of the cows, I noticed a herd of pigs, and I proceeded to kill them to obtain porkchops.
     When I found my wooden house, curiosity got the best of me as I climbed down the ladder to the cavern where I was killed. I found that my corpse seemed to have disappeared, and there was a sizable crater that opened up the cavern to another entrance. All of my items were scattered across the stone floor and the crater that the creeper created.
 To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment