Friday, April 22, 2011

A Minecraft Story, Part I: The First Night

I woke up on a sandy beach with a pool of still water by my side. I felt dazed, then realized the scenery started to look very strange. Everything seems to be made of cubes, and I can't seem to remember how I got here.
     My experiences are even more strange, as it appears I have gained superhuman abilities. I started to punch a tree, and I found that within seconds I had a log in my pocket. Well, a cube of log, I suppose. The only thing is, my pocket is invisible, and my wood is now flat. I proceeded to punch down the rest of the tree and the next. I found that I could make 4 wooden planks out of one log, and I could put those planks in a square and create a handy workbench. I wasn't exactly sure how I was doing all of this.
     I put two planks on top of one another, and made 4 sticks. Using my creativity, I went to my new workbench and created a shovel, a pickaxe, and an axe using these sticks and my planks. These tools could only do what I could do, but slightly faster. Also, I found my invisible pocket can hold 36 items, and can somehow carry 64 of each of these items. If you are confused about this, just imagine how I felt when I found I can hold up to 2,304 items and not sink to the ground under all that weight!
     I decided to explore this strange world a bit more, and what I found was just breathtaking. Before me there were floating islands with trees and giant hills with waterfalls that infinitely ran down to a small pool of still water. I was struck with awe, and therefore didn't question the blatant disregard for physics and logic. As the sun was setting, I went under one of these cliffs and found that some of the rock had bits of coal in it. I used my pickaxe, and gathered coal as the stone around it simply disappeared. As soon as I was done, I placed the rest of my planks to create a small shelter. As I went briefly went outside to add a door, I heard a hissing noise. I ignored this for a second, then BOOM! I was thrown to the ground and suffered severe injuries. For some reason I wasn't bleeding at all, but it was clear I could die if anything more happened. I turned around, and found that there was a large crater behind me. "Who could have done this?", I thought. Is someone playing tricks on me, and decided to set TNT behind my back? I looked around, but couldn't see much through the darkness of the trees.
   Suddenly, I got hit with an arrow! I turned around, and there was what appeared to be a human skeleton. Although he had no face, I could tell his intention was murder as he drew another arrow from his quiver. In my terror, I screamed and ran for the door. I turned around to get inside, and I saw a huge black spider on top of my roof! He screeched with anger and jumped towards me. I ran towards the door and was just able to close it before he pounced, ready to attack.
     It was now clear that the outside is not safe at night. I must do what I can to survive.

1 comment:

  1. Part 2: The Creepers.
    Keep going with this. Suggestion: turns out Steve's trapped in a local area server. His neighbors, friends, co-workers all start showing up. Will that one guy who annoyingly talks to Steve while urinating survive in this cruel, rectangular world? Will Steve be sympathetic? It's your call.

    ReplyDelete